Sourcing products direct can seem attractive; however it is important to consider the following points before signing an agreement with a factory:
- The location of the factory and hidden costs. – The factory’s proximity to the nearest port and could you potentially, incur high transportation costs?
- Labour force and child exploitation. Unfortunately, not all factories care about their workers and for ethical reasons, most of the Western world try to ensure that children are not part of the labour force. Also, are you confident that the workers are treated humanely and with respect?
- Safe working conditions. Do the factories have fans/air-conditioning? (temperatures can reach 35c heat and with 95% humidity)? Are there adequate sanitation facilities? Do you know the working hours and will the labour force be guaranteed, at least, the minimum wage?
- Quality Control. Are the products fully tested, meet international specification guidelines and standards? Can you be sure that the products tested are genuinely from the factory assigned to supply the products?
- Factory ethics. Would the factory take responsibility for the entirety of the order? Could your order be potentially outsourced to another factory, or even removed from the production line for a more profitable order?
Promotrade2asia have many years’ experience trading in China and have developed an extensive network of approved factories with internationally recognised, high ethical standards and expertise to provide, top quality products.